II.choice (30 points)
21. Lily said she was too willing to come, so _____.
A. keep a seat for her B. don't keep any seat for her
C. no seat for her D. keep no seat for her
22. Lucky you _____ me. I was about to drink that glass of water.
A. will warm B. should warn C. warm D. warned
23. A simple meal can help communicate _____ each other as well.
A. to B. from C. with D. toward
24. If you look out of the window right now, you'll see your class teacher _____.
A. chat B. to chat C. to be chatting D. chatting
25. _____ boys are crazy about soccer while the girls are about dancing.
A. On an average B. On average C. On some average d. In average
26. Tom's going to join us. Put his name, then, _____ the list of the guests.
A. to B. with C. in D. on
27. See to it that some time _____ for spoken English.
A. set aside B. to set aside C. be set aside D. is set aside
28. A notice is put on the board _____ there'll be no school on Friday this week.
A. say that B. to be said C. saying that D. said that
29. Blind trust in the western culture may _____ the young to look to the west about everything.
A. cause B. make C. keep D. have
39. There _____ no buses to take, we went there on foot.
A. having B. were C. being D. was
40. A: How could you say that? B: _____. I didn't mean to hurt you.
A. That's all right B. I'm really sorry C. Excuse me D. I won't regret