Lesson 71 教学设计方案
Properties: Recorder, Overhead Projector.
1. Revise the grammar: the Adverbial Clause and the Infinitive.
2. Revise the use of “who, that, which”.
Language Focus: so that
The Infinitive: to + Verb(原形)
I. Showing the teaching aims
Check homework, ask some students to retell the story.
Give the students some sentences for example to help them understand the structure:
so + adj. /adv. + that(结果)
1. I am so angry that I can't say a word.
2. The teacher spoke so fast that we couldn't catch up with him.
3. The classroom is so dirty that we must clean it.
Ask the students to make up some sentences with “so… that”, then give same more sentences.
1. He got up late so that he was late for school.
2. He ran very fast so that he hit the electric pole.
Ask the students to do some practice.
1. I stayed at home so that I could go swimming when I had finished it.
2. Lucy saved her money so that she could buy her mother a birthday present.
3. Ling Feng was going to Changsha the next week so that he could visit his sick grandmother.
4. I was doing my homework so that I could ask him to help me with my physics.
5. I was looking for Lin Tao so that he could visit sick grandmother.
Get the students to make up some sentences like:
1. I don't know how to get to the station.
2. She doesn't know which sweater to choose.
Ask the students to pay attrition to the Infinitive. Give them more examples to understand better, e. g.
1. I don't know what to do next.
2. They don't know where to go.
3. We didn't know when to start.
Focus on the use of the Infinitive, then give another example:
It’s very important to learn English well:
To learn English well is very important.
Let the students make more sentences, pay attention to the use of the Infinitive.
Look at Exercise 2, make sentences with partners. The answers are:
1. It’s hard / easy to work out these maths problem.
2. It’s exciting to watch football matches.
3. It’s interesting to read history books.
4. It’s hard / easy to learn foreign languages.
VII. Leaning and practice