Properties: Recorder, overhead Projector
1. Go over the Grammar.
2. Learn some useful expressions.
Language focus: the Attributive Clause.
I. Showing the teaching aims
Ask the students to act out the dialogue first, then let them retell the story written in the exercise books.
Say: In Lesson 66, we know Mr Green lost the necklace and his parrot, but he didn't catch the thief. Ask: Who stole the necklace? Allow the students to read the second part of the play for a few minutes, try to find the answer to the question. Check the answer with the whole class.
Play the tape for the students to listen and repeat, then let than read the dialogue and practise it in pairs, ask some of them to act it out in front of the class.
V. Teaching Grammar
Learn the Attributive Clause. Give the students more examples.
1. A man who doesn't try to learn from others can't hope to achieve much.
3. Is she the girl that sells flowers?
4. The book that/ which Tom gave me is a famous detective.
5. The girl (who / that ) I spoke to is my sister.
Go through the sentences of Part 2 with the class, let the students complete the following sentences with who, that or which, then check the answers with the whole class. The answers are: 1. which/that 2. That/ which 3. who 4.which/ that 5. That/ that 6.Which / that 7. who 8. who 9. who 10.which/ that
Do Exercise 2, let the students work alone, then check the answers with the whole class. Then let the students practise the dialogue in pairs. The answers are:
1. The one that the boy is eating
2. The one that has a neck and two legs.
3. The one who kicked two goals.
Exercises in class
Do Exercise 3 in the workbook, write down the answers in the exercise books:
1. I’m reading a book which/that is about a robbery.
2. Have you ever seen the film that/ which was directed by Zhang Yimou.
3. I was shocked to hear the news that/ which was about the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center in New York.
4. Most of the people who lost their lives in the terrorist attacks were
5. The twins which used to be the tallest buildings in the US.
6. The four planes which were used to attacked the World Trade Center by the terrorists were American passenger planes.